Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let the pain begin

I have officially started my half marathon training and my thighs are definitely aware of it. Monday consisted of a 5 mile run and me running up and down a hill 6 times. That was my hill training for the week. Today I get to recover a bit with a normal 4 mile run and some stride work. The rest of the week consists of a tempo run and then a long run at the end of the week. This will be my life for the next 15 weeks. All so that I can confidently run 13 miles on race day. I'm not looking to make any kind of record time in this race. I just just want to finish strong. I can work on my time after that. I have totally been blessed with a good trainer, supportive friends and family, cute workout gear and God who gives me all the strength I need to run this race. What more does a girl need?


2 comments:

  1. hope your training is right on track. I so admire you brave souls that give marathons a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going really well. I have already shaved like 20 seconds off my min/mi time. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete