Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Friendships

Why are friendships so hard? Why can't we all just get along? Ughhh!! It sounds so high school...but really!! I think it's mostly because of pride and because of selfishness. We all want to be good to others but if it means sacrifice we're not so sure about it. We teach our children to treat others the way that we would want to be treated and then we don't follow that same rule in our own daily encounters with others. Then to make matters worse we put people into categories. This person is my real friend and this person is my friend when my real friend isn't around.  Then you've got your church friends and your couples friends...you know, the couples that you and your significant other hang with. I understand that there are some friends that you can trust with certain things and other friends that you can't. So I was thinking.. if you really don't trust those friends then maybe they are not really your friends to start with. Maybe they are just somebody that you can love from afar. I for one.. am done with these categories. If you think I'm too loud...cover your ears. If you think my kids are too wild...sorry they're kids. Get over it! I'm not going to parent them any different then I would in my own home. If there disrespectful then that's different. I'm not going to play third wheel to anyone and I hope that I have never made any of my friends feel that way. I'm not cutting ties with people. I'm just not going to continue to put so much effort into these kind of relationships. I am who I am and I'm proud of who I am. I'm not going to change who I am to fit in. Which is also another thing that I have tried to teach my children. Being Christians it can sometimes be tough. We need to stand up for what we believe in and the Bible tells us not to fit in. Unfortunately Christians can treat each other far worse then any unbeliever would. So to my friends who love me for who I am. Thank you!! I am truly blessed to have you. Those of you who think I'M TOO MUCH!! Well then this post was obviously meant for you.

5 comments:

  1. I love You, and your wild kids just the way you are...and I'm so proud to be your friend. Thank you for accepting me and my crazy kids just as we are as well!!! <3 Soul Sista <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv you girls too!! The luvs of my days and my nights!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I have gone through with other Christians myself... It's hard to accept that other Christians would hurt us but, it happens...and some times it's unintentional. Praying for you my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about people I have meet through out my life who say that they are my friends but have yet in years to try to say hey lets do something one of these days. The people I have met at C3 are awesome people and I am very glad to say yes you all are my friends. I love getting to know you all much more.

    ReplyDelete