Good Day Granola
8 c. Rolled Oats (not the instant kind)
1 1/4 c. firmly packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 c. Unprocessed Bran
1 1/2 c. Natural Wheat Germ (not toasted or honeyed)
3/4 c. Chopped Walnuts
1/2 c. Raw Sunflower Seeds
1/2 c. Vegetable Oil (I'm going to try Coconut oil next time)
3/4 c. Honey
2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 c. Raisins (I left these out. We're not big raisin fans here)
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Step 2: Stir oats, brown sugar, bran, wheat germ, walnuts, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl (this recipe makes 16 cups).
- Step 3: Put vegetable oil, vanilla, and honey in a small saucepan and heat until bubbly.
- Step 4: Pour liquid over the oat mixture, mix it real well. You want everything to be coated
- Step 5: Divide oat mixture evenly and spread onto two rimed cookie sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once half way through baking time to keep granola evenly browned.
- Step 6: When it cools, stir mixture several times to keep it from sticking together.
- Step 7: When it's completely cooled add raisins. Store in an air tight container.
Update: I added 1 cup of natural unsweetened coconut to the mix and substituted coconut oil for vegetable oil and it came out perfect.