Monday, December 5, 2011

Comfort in a mug.

My comfort food is actually not a food at all. It's a nice hot beverage. It doesn't really matter if it's hot cocoa, coffee, a latte, or tea. I'm not afraid to try new things either. Today I tried a nice frothy mug of Pumpkin Spiced Latte.  I've had the Dunkin Donuts version and it was delicious. But at $3 a cup, I thought that I would try my hand at making it at home. It was super easy to make. I found the recipe online at http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/beverage/diy-pumpkin-spice-latte-096277. The smell of pumpkin pie just wafted through my kitchen. It was heavenly. The final result tasted nothing like Dunkin Donuts, but it was still very tasty. So hears the recipe if you would like to try it yourself. Feel free to leave me a comment telling me what your favorite comfort food or drink in some cases may be.



Pumpkin Spice Latte

Makes 1-2 servings

2c milk
2tbl canned pumpkin or 1tsp of pumpkin spice syrup
2tbl sugar or Splenda to taste
2tbl vanilla extract
1/2tsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup espresso or 1/2c of strong brewed coffee)

In a sauce pan combine milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, transfer to a blender and process for 15 seconds until foamy. If you have a blender just whisk it. Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add espresso on top.

Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon on top

No comments:

Post a Comment