Sunday, May 15, 2011

Living The Good Life

While on my run yesterday morning. I realized how truly blessed I am to live in the middle of the sticks. I love the smell of farms and wood stoves burning. I ran by a family of ducks swimming in a marsh. The ducklings looked as though they had just hatched. I started thinking about my kids and I wondered.. will  they appreciate it as much as I do when they're older or will they want to run as far away as they can?
  When I was a kid I ran around in bare feet all day long. I climbed trees and skipped rocks daily. We lived 20 minutes from the nearest store. The mall was an all day trip. As I got older all I could think about was moving to the city and joining the Air force. Yes, the Air Force. I'm not sure why. Maybe it had to do with Top Gun. I thought that It would be so much better then the life that I was living. I wanted to visit  as many places as I could. Then life happened and I had my first child at the ripe old age of 17. My whole life changed. I finished high school and got a job at a convenient store. After that I met my husband and again my world changed. I became a Christian and realized that life wasn't about me. Shortly after I got married I had another child, and another, and another. My life became consumed by my children and being a good Christian wife and mother. We bought an old run down farm house on 11 acres of land. I realized that this is where I want to be and this is where I can give my children the best upbringing. My children can run around our property bare footed and climb as many trees as they want. There are many days that I curse the broken pipes and walls. But at the end of the day, this is HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment