Monday, May 23, 2011

These precious moments

Yesterday we celebrated my son's 6th birthday. It's hard to believe that he's six already. When people tell you not to blink while your children are growing, it's so true. They grow up so quick. I'm one of those detail  oriented people. I watch every little detail in a persons appearance and actions. I love to sit back and watch my children play and interact with people. It says so much about the character they're developing. I was watching my son opening his gifts with his cousins and friends. I loved the way they worked as a team to read the cards and open the gifts. I loved watching their little faces light up with every rip of the paper. I glanced over at my dad a couple times and just grinned at him, because I knew that he was thinking the same thing. We're a lot alike in that way. We take so much delight in those little moments. I found myself just standing there and enjoying the time with my family and friends and thought for a brief moment, I should be cleaning something. Then I thought no, I'm doing just what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm enjoying my blessings. I love being a mom and thank God for each one my little blessings.

These are the instructions that he gave me to make his cake:


No comments:

Post a Comment