Monday, May 16, 2011

What's LOVE got to do with it?

What's your definition of Love? I think that there are so many different outlooks on love and they all come back to how a person is treated by someone who "loves" them or doesn't love them in some cases. In character training it teaches this: Love is giving to the needs of others without expecting a reward. Scripture teaches us is in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.
  I don't know about you, but that's how I would want to be loved . It's a tough act to follow. Is that how we love others? Others being our family members, our friends, our neighbors. It's tough enough trying to love all of those people but then God says we should love those who we don't even like. Wow, even tougher!!
  I'm in no way saying that I'm in complete compliance with this. Like my friend Wendy would say "there's cheese falling off my crackers too".  So I'm challenging myself and all of you... to sit back and reflect on your definition of love and how your showing it to others. Peace out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment