Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Great Escape with my family.

Over this past weekend our family finally had a chance to hang out together for a whole day. This summer has been so busy for all of us and It's such a rare occasion that we all can stop our individual routines and meet in one place. We spent the whole day at Six Flags. Then after we went out to eat on the way home. These kind of things require two things. Time and money. We never seem to have both at the same time.  During our time together I couldn't help but think about how my children are growing up so fast. They would run from  ride to ride and measure themselves at each one to see if they could get on . My youngest just made it this year by the hair on his head. I don't know if it's because he's our last baby or what, but he seems to have retained is "babyness" the longest. He still loves to cuddle, which as any mommy knows... is so important when it's your last baby. One of the other things I was reminded of was how different they each are when they are without the other siblings. It's like I have a totally different child when they are alone. I feel like my eyes are being opened to this child that I don't even know. It's kinda sad to me that I get so busy  raising my kids that I don't even really know them. So I have decided that this year I am scheduling time for each one my children, just the two of us. I might let Doug tag along too. I don't want to miss out on knowing what's important to them. I want to really get to know each of my kids, because before I know it they'll be all grown up with their own families. I feel the need to just slow down and enjoy my kids now. There will be plenty of time to work on other things later. After all, they're only little once and we only get one shot at getting it right.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry...because I am feeling the same way. Now I am going back to work and my heart is breaking for the time I will be spending apart from them..when all I want to do it gather them in my arms and keep them little forever!!

    ReplyDelete