- Benzyl acetate: Linked to pancreatic cancer
- Benzyl Alcohol: Upper respiratory tract irritant
- Ethanol: On the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Hazardous Waste list and can cause central nervous system disorders
- A-Terpineol: Can cause respiratory problems, including fatal edema, and central nervous system damage
- Ethyl Acetate: A narcotic on the EPA's Hazardous Waste list
- Camphor: Causes central nervous system disorders
- Chloroform: Neurotoxic, anesthetic and carcinogenic
- Linalool: A narcotic that causes central nervous system disorders
- Pentane: A chemical known to be harmful if inhaled
Add a quarter cup of baking soda to wash cycle to soften fabric or add a quarter cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle to soften fabric and eliminate cling.
Here is recipe I found for chemical free fabric softener:
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup baking soda
6 cups white vinegar
1 cup of water
10 -15 drops of essential oil of your choice. Example: 7 drops Sweet Orange, 5 drops Ylang Ylang & 3 drops Patchouli.
* Add the baking soda to the bucket
* Add the water to the baking soda in the bucket
* SLOWLY add the vinegar to the bucket, be careful it’s going to bubble up
* When all of the vinegar is added to the baking soda and has settled, stir it a bit so that the majority of the baking soda dissolves.
* Get a large empty plastic bottle and pour the vinegar/ baking soda/ water brew into it, add the essential oils.
* Add 1/2 a cup at the start of the rinse cycle ( be sure to give the bottle a good shake to disperse essential oils through liquid
I bet that this will make a difference in your wallet as well. My hubby will like that ;)